InspiringInsomnia

Elizabeth Wein
Grave Mercy
Robin LaFevers

Deeper in You: A Crossfire Novel

Reflected in You - Sylvia Day I'm not sure if it's possible to love Reflected in You if you don't enjoy romance novels replete with whipsawing emotions, passive-aggressive behavior, and constant break-ups and drama. To love a romance novel, I need to be able to lose myself in the story, but while reading Reflected in You, all I could think was how I would never want to be in a relationship like this; I value my sanity too much.

I like Sylvia Day's writing - she kept me engrossed and her writing style is worlds beyond THOSE OTHER BOOKS. The sex scenes were hot - both sensual and erotic. I liked Eva, I wanted her to be happy, but when she wrote this in a letter to Gideon: "I hate myself like this. I hate that I need you this much. I hate that I'm so obsessed with you," I just couldn't be a cheerleader for this romance. Gideon is nowhere near my ideal of the perfect man, and my feelings about him impacted my enjoyment of the book.

I get the hype, and I understand why a lot of women find this kind of romance appealing, but I'm just not one of them. I am glad I read this book, though, because it erased some of the bad aftertaste from THOSE OTHER BOOKS. I would like to read more from Day to see how she handles different characters and a different kind of love story.