InspiringInsomnia

Code Name Verity
Elizabeth Wein
Grave Mercy
Robin LaFevers

Succubus Blues (Georgina Kincaid, Book 1)

Succubus Blues - Richelle Mead "I'd spent centuries cutting myself off from any sort of meaningful attachment with another person, and it hurt." Welcome to the life of Georgina Kincaid, an immortal succubus who gains power from the life forces she drains from her victims. She attempts to keep a safe distance emotionally from the men (and women) who are drawn to her unique energy. Georgina is fighting her attraction to two men. Seth is a shy author with a penchant for Pac-Man t-shirts. Roman, on the other hand, is charismatic and confident and provides a "rollercoaster of excitement."

Georgina has a lively and interesting circle of friends and colleagues consisting of vampires, angels, imps, and demons. When one of the vampires is killed and her imp friend is attacked, all of the immortals are on alert. Georgina receives a cryptic note, likely from the killer, and she turns to the Bible for clues to unmask the murderer.

Great suspense, tender romance and heartbreak, lots of humor and wit, and a dose of passion kept me engrossed. I love the paranormal genre, and this is one of the better ones I've read. The identity of the killer was easy to guess, but the how and why provided a nice jolt of surprise.